THE Main nut...

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mini escape artist!


Now we all know my "love" for the Mini-Rex, NOT! But none-the-less I still tollerate my hubby and daughter enjoying this breed together. So when Kat had a litter the doe was not taking care of she called for an emergency foster. 45 minutes away my brother-in-law rushed at my request to go "rescue" the litter and bring them to my does. I carefully divided among 2 does the litter of 6 (poor VIV, she got 4 of them!), giving 2 to our Lionhead. All has been going well until about 2 am this morning when (unbeknown to me) Porschea had "rescued" an escapee! She (Porschea) had carefully brought it into the office and tried to keep it moving for almost 5 hours before I discovered the very chilled almost little life little Mini-Rex. We got him/her warmed up and grabbed up the Lionhead to get it a little extra warmth on the inside through some milk and placed it back in the nest. Not sure how exactly Lucky Houdini got out but there is baby saver (already installed previously) and I added extra today!

3 comments: