THE Main nut...

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Fulton Scarf...


As I got ready to make the track to Fulton NY for the show I stopped in at my local Yarn shop in search of a "new" quick project to make. Now Kim KNEW I've been eyeballing this beautiful fiber for almost two years... and she suggested a scarf out of it. I wouldn't want to use it in a large project due to cost at $22 a skein and only 132 yards but ahhhhhh the feel was so luxurious!! Without a pattern a scarf was in order for hubby... I've done slippers and Afghans for him but wanted something he could wear outside of the home.... so earthy tones were in order! After all it was for his Birthday on the 25 of October what better timing! Most of the way up I knit after daylight hit and it took me a little to get the width set to where I was happy. By the time we reached Fulton I was about half done. I finished on the way back and threw it over my diligently driving hubbys shoulders. He looks so sophisticated in it....

3 comments:

  1. SO serious looking. Looks like he's about to say "Can you pass the Grey Poupon?"

    LMAO

    It's a gorgeous scarf and was so soft.

    ReplyDelete