THE Main nut...

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Anniversary GIFT shared...

Friends until this year have been far and very few between for me. I've moved frequently and just never ventured out of my box in fear of losing a friend. UNTIL, that is; I stepped into the beautiful world of rabbits and knitting. Now my circle is growing and I share with many delightful people and friends. One in particular has become a very dear treasure to me and we share more in common (outside of distance) than what I could have ever imagined! Jenna is located in Rhode Island. She has so many delightful qualities about her and she is so very talented!! She shares a special place in my heart and life. We are so similar that Scott jokingly says we are twins separated at birth (although she is younger than I am), lol. Well it just so happens that we even share our anniversary closely together (2 days apart) and for the celebration in Fulton she brought clear from Rhode Island a very special cake... Aren't those Angora bunnies just toooooooo cute?!

3 comments:

  1. What she is failing to mention is that while absolutely ADORABLE, the dye in the rabbits frosting stained Keith's whole mouth BLACK until the next morning! LOL
    It was a yummy cake and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to add that I know just what you mean. I wasn't looking for a friend when I met you, I was looking for rabbits!
    I have been "burned" so many times by people who I let "in" and got very close to and then they just take off and take part of my heart with them.
    I recently "lost" my very best friend of I thought ever, we were like sisters, we talked for at least 2 hours a day, so much in common, same age, etc. She has problems of her own mentally, as do I (anxiety disorder, depression, PTSD, ADD, OCD, etc.) and it was one of the things that bound us together tightly. She is agoraphobic and she has dreams and goals for her life, a husband, child, house, farm, animals, breeding and showing dogs, etc.
    We had been best friends for over 7 years and she was still in the same place she was in life 7 years into it, that she was when I met her.
    As I moved forward with life, moved into my farm, started studying for my GED, getting out and doing things, it drove a wedge in between us that I didn't see coming.
    I had envisioned that I could have been an inspiration to her, that as she saw me get out and acomplish things without bad things happening to me, that she would feel brave enough to take some baby steps in her own life. It was not the case. Silence and jelousy stepped into a relationship that had never evem had a serious disagreement.
    I fear that my starting to show rabbits was the final straw that broke the camels back for our friendship as she adores dogs and wants to show and breed very badly but will not let her own fear step aside.
    When she saw me get over my own hump and fear of showing, it left a bitter taste in her mouth and we haven't talked at all since.
    I am broken hearted and miss her presence so much but our relationship has been spiraling downhill steadily for the last two years that I have had my farm.
    As I came out of my shell and became more sucessful, we became more distant.
    But as much as I LOVE her deeply and would do anything to help her, I will not shut myself up and be unhealthy just for us to be close again.

    Anyway, sorry for the rambling but it was healing for me to get it out to someone. I haven't even talked to Keith about it but he knows I am down in the dumps over her.

    ReplyDelete