THE Main nut...

Thursday, August 27, 2009

The watched pot

NEVER BOILS... and the Watched doe never kindles!! That seems to be all I've done today is watch out my beautiful doe. She's been in labor all day I believe. Panting, and rearranging her nest. She's uneasy but still comfortable I think. I've placed a fan almost right on her hutch to try to help keep her comfortable. She's always delivered for me on day 33 but we're on day 35 now! I'm getting concerned. No actually I'm starting to get scared! I've given her the raspberry leaves fresh and dried, I've given her the tums (ground up in oats and barley and on bread soaked in milk ((which she wouldn't touch the later)). I don't know if I'm premature in my worry maybe some does with very large litters can go late like this, I don't know. I can feel the kits moving inside when I check her... GOSH, I wish I was a vet!! Then maybe I'd feel more confident and worry less. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment