THE Main nut...

Monday, August 31, 2009

DOA...

Well the long wait ended "peacefully" Saturday afternoon. I utilized many forms of herbs to help encourage Sunny's delivery. Ultimately it was Lavender that helped her along. The kit was larger than any I've had born in the barn before with full body of deep blue (or gray) wool. It was a sad moment for me but also a special learning time as well. Sunny was re-bred per suggestions of other "notable" breeders a couple of hours later. I also attempted a re-breed 12 hours later and I thought she was going to eat the poor unsuspecting (yet eager) buck for Lunch, lol. Flyer was all to happy to complete his duty successfully breeding to Sunny 3 times and falling off on Saturday afternoon. Sunday she just wasn't having any of that!! LOL. Well folks, stay tuned cause in 33 days from Saturday (the 29th) I'm sure I'll be posting something about this breeding... hopefully on a more positive note.

In the meantime this week stay tuned for updates on our very first Lionhead delivery by Trixie. I'm sure something will happen... Right now she's choosing to chill out and rest in her new found "sleeping" box,lol. Maybe by Wednesday it might be a nesting box... when she's "due" to deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment