THE Main nut...

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mountains of PA

What a trip, and I'm glad to be back. Ankles swollen and tired it was an adventure! But anything with me is always an adventure! Deliverring Buns to make their home with a new French breeder & Exhibitor in Rhode Island was exhilarating. Jenna, Her hubby Keith and Mom (Debbie) as well as Scott and I enjoyed a bite to eat (at Cici's Pizza, they don't have any in RI) before she took her new herd home. We met 1/2 way between her and us landing us smack dab in "Rabbit Transit" York Pennsylvania! I couldn't believe it, How totally appropriate was this. The rains finally subsided after dinner and allowed Jenna to look over her new herd.

The journey was truly breath taking and provided me an opportunity to stop and view the tragic site of the United Airlines Flight 93 (now a memorial). It left a feeling of sorrow and yet at the same time peace. I could never imagine the emotions of the passengers or crew when they made their decision to not let that flight become anything more for the terrorists! To this day my heart still goes out to the families and friends that lost loved ones on that day! The flag in this picture represents the point of impact of United Airlines Flight 93.

Climbing to the highest points and enjoying the view along the drive home I was breath taken by the beauty a single burnt tree could provide when on a mountain.






1 comment:

  1. I love driving across PA. Thanks for the picture of Flight 93. I've been wanting to go there.
    Your next trip to PA will have to be Feb 6th and 7th, when UARC has a double specialty to go along with the double shows at the PA state convention. There will be loads of angoras of all 4 breeds there.

    ReplyDelete