THE Main nut...

Monday, June 29, 2009

Container planting 101...


Always choose a container that will be twice as big and heavy as the fully mature plant! LOL... You might remember the little cherry tomato plant that I was growing in the ceramic (hand painted) pot on my porch... WELL, NO MORE! Mother Nature and this darn green thumb I'm cursed with had BIGGER plans for me and that plant! As I came home yesterday from a delightful visit to the Columbus Zoo (with Scott) I was horrified to find my beloved cherry tomato plant laying on my porch (container shattered)... crying ..... Never FEAR though....



My beautiful...(I think undamaged) cherry tomato plant was quickly rescued and placed gingerly into the ground (where it probably should have went in the first darned place knowing this thumb of mine...). Carefully mulched, watered and re-staked she should now have plenty of space to continue to grow!

2 comments:

  1. OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not my friend the tomato! Thank goodness "she" is ok. What did she do, get topheavy? (I know how that is - hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I had to laugh because this is just something that would be my luck. Your plant looks like it survived though.

    ReplyDelete