THE Main nut...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bunnies, Bunnies everywhere

Viv (my fawn french) blessed me with 9! beautiful babies on the 26th of March. Glorious little ones they are. Currently I "believe" I have two brokens and maybe a CREAM!! plus many fawns, but I'm still learning to identify colors so I could be wrong.

On the same day Sunny (my tort) gave me 2 also. Because her litter was so small I chose to foster a couple with her from Viv's litter. That would take a little off of Viv and give Sunny a little more experience. It's worked out wonderfully! She is a good mom!! And the fostering part was a cinch to do because whe has I "believe" 1 tort and maybe a "well I'm not sure" black" tort? Or...? Well it's kinda like dove grey all over no identifing black to see at all yet. I don't know if "black" comes in later or what... like I said still learning color id. ;^) That has made the knowing who belongs to who easier as I gave her a broken and a fawn. (Boy, I hope colors don't "rub" off...;-) )

Unfortunately our rabbitry's oldest Dwarf Hotot gave birth on the same day to a single still born. I believe this may have been partially my fault. I had gotten her out to weight her about 1 week before she was due and she decided she could fly! She lunged out of my tight arms/hands onto the floor. How sad!! She was actually "morning" her loss! I (the day after) thought about fostering a couple of Viv's kits over to her but had to wait on the answers from our groups before I would try it. Scott and I considered it carefully then chose to clean down her hutch, remove her nestbox and rebreed her. We are still so unsure of ourselves when it comes to our little DH's...lol.

So now the wait resumes. Over the next 3 days, we are expecting (really hoping) that Selma, Pheonix (FA's) and Reverse (our newest Dwarf Hotot) deliver successfully at least a couple each, that would be nice.

In the meantime I must get out the camera and get some pictures of these babies...everyone loves to see how they grow! And I love to get their first comments!

1 comment:

  1. Viv's sister, Voodoo, is doing much better, and her kits seem to be fine, too. Jumping out of the nestbox to pester poor Mama. :^)

    I want to get their other sister, Vignette, clipped down and bred very soon. Maybe to Mercedes Benz, so we could have some more brokens? (vbeg)

    ReplyDelete