THE Main nut...

Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Tisket, A tasket A Basket full of ...








Bunnies! Oh, WAIT! Shouldn't the bunnies be "carrying" the basket instead of "IN" the basket?! LOL...




As all the babies are getting to that 1 and 2 week mark I think I better get serious about those ever famous "baby" pictures before the chance escapes me. Their eyes are open (except for the Dwarf Hotot's) and they are "popping" of course. Driving mom(s) crazy since they (the FA) can hop right out of their nestboxes. I chose to foster 2 out of Viv's litter to allow a little less of a demand on her and provide Sunny with a little larger litter to help with her 2. Boy, they are all doing wonderful and I'm now sure that when I do breed again it will always be 2 or 3 at a time; unless I am for sure that a single doe will not have any problems. It has worked out very well this time. I just wished I would have bred Selma on the same day I did Viv and Sunny. Maybe those 3 of Selma's would have made it. Possibly her mothering hormones were out of whack, she NEVER even built them a nest! Course it could have been her age as well, but we'll soon see. I'm planning on breeding Sunny, Selma and Phoenix maybe May or early June (but I'm still not 100% sure on that). Anyway, here are couple of the pictures of all the babies. If you want to see more "HOP" on over to my website or email me. Have a "Hoppin'" Great Easter all! Blessings to everyone.
P.s. It was a difficult day for trying to take individual pictures so try to bear with me while I get more done and posted on my website... although MOST of the new additions are added. All but 3 singles got done. Also be sure to check out the new (broken) Lionhead Doe and the (broken) NEW Jersey Wooly doe pictures also.

1 comment: