THE Main nut...

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One Chilly day at the shows...





Although the outside temps were chilly most of the day and the indoor temps were not much better. Being around "family" was invitingly warm and pleasant. I was provided the pleasures of meeting a new show exhibitor of both French and Satin Angoras~ Vici. What a true masterpiece she is and I'm positive she will be attending more shows so she can finish her beautiful doe. I hope I get to be there when it happens. I took alot of pictures (I think out last judge was tired of all of the picture taking ;^) since it was the end of the day). I was blessed to get Hopscotch's 2nd Jr. Leg as well as receiving Nibbles first leg as a Jr. Finally, I also got 2 legs for my beautiful black Sr. Buck Owen, thus leaving him with only 1 to go to finish him. However, that will have to wait till fall as he will be getting clipped down very soon! It's definitely clipping season, LOL. As all the Sr's are wanting hair cuts...




Lisa wrote for the first part of the show for the Angoras. She always seems to be the "elected" choice for that... I guess there are down-falls to being "good". ;^) It makes it harder to show your stock when you have to write also. :-( and you don't get to quite hear what the judge is saying about your bunny.



Matthew our youngest son was permitted to learn to write for the judges which was a big (& exhausting) thrill for him. After which he felt the need to "crash" with the newest addition of the family and she (a 1 yr. old Jersey Wooly) didn't seem to mind either (pictured above). Scott was tickled when the judge Matthew wrote for said she'd give the Jersey Wooly a once over for him so he knew for sure what he was getting.






As always, there is plenty of time at a show for spending a "few" (lol) minutes chit-chatting as shown in the distant photo of Lisa and Vici. Surprise girls, you never know "who" is watching...lol






I must say, a "bad" day (being sick) at a bunny show is WAY better than a "good" day being stuck at home. I just hope NO ONE else got sick (since I wasn't so sick when I got there).

No comments:

Post a Comment