THE Main nut...

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

UNEXPECTED delivery!


Well, My lovely daughter has "struck" again! On the 24th of June after Kat and I had discussed a "problem" Lionhead doe the decision was made that I would bring her home. Which in fact, I DID. Well... I got a really HUGE surprise this morning as I went to feed and water. Now mind you... Kat had not bred her. BUT she has 2 little girls that come over to "play" with the bunnies! (Need I say more?!) These girls are in the 10-12 yr. old range and Kat "says" "They know not to put bunnies together!" Well now I have 5 bouncing examples of how "THEY KNOW not to put them together". Just in time I got the nest box and HAY in. Sweet Dreamer "frantically" built her nest and in less than a half an hour "blessed" us with these kits. Showstopper (the ONLY available buck in the herd at her house) is the sire is out of a breeding from my herd. Thank GOD I can recreate things like this!














2 comments:

  1. This is a funny story Tina. Glad you had a happy ending with finding the nest and all. Kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What truly amazed me was how quick that bunny built her nest, pulled her little amount of wool, delivered, cleaned and fed everyone when I added the box! I do believe it was all completed in about 1/2 an hour.

    ReplyDelete