THE Main nut...

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A visit to Clifton Mill ...

A days visit to The Wool Gathering meant breakfast must be in order... AFTER-ALL, who could visit all those vendors on an empty stomach? NOT me! I was shocked at the size of their pancakes, they come with a warning that if you can eat 2 the 3rd one is on them! Imagine that. Now, had I been thinking I'd have taken a picture of those babies... YEP, Aunt Gail ordered them. LOL, She knew fully their size as they'd eaten at the Mill prior to this but she'd "forgotten" just how large they were! The waiter brought these out and stacked on a plate of 14 inches in diameter were 2 edge to edge pancakes. She only dented a quarter of the stack! Can you imagine pancakes that size?!

Anyway, I had to take some pictures of the Mill. Beautiful! Apparently, they also do a tremendous Christmas display complete with a Train on the grounds and Santa. Now what was funny is as many of you know I'm pretty limited in my flexibility do to the number of surgeries I've endured. BUT, I know that in order to get some really good pictures you've got to be willing to take a risk, sometimes going where the shot is. RIGHT?!

Well, I'm sure Mom wanted to scold me as I climbed up on a lean to fence and peered over the 10 foot picket fence to get the last shot... I just couldn't resist. I had to try!


Mom thinks in my spare time I should take a photography class. I don't think I'm that good to consider it, nor do I have a lot of spare time.

2 comments:

  1. Spare time? What's that? Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina you should take the class. Make some time. You would enjoy it. I haven't been to the Clifton Mill for years. Sorry I missed you at AWG but will see you Sat. I have something for you too!

    ReplyDelete