THE Main nut...

Friday, September 24, 2010

Once was Blind, But now I SEE...

It could only HAPPEN to me! Yep, have a very special little buck. He is the product of my Gold Tipped Chocolate doe and (a different) Chocolate Buck. We believe he is a Chocolate Chin. Insight?? Anyway, his dam decided she did not like the spacious brood hutch she was in and would not eat or drink a darned thing! Nothing, Zero, Ziltch, NOT even CALF MANNA or water with Acid Pack! That is until I tried to foster her 3 remaining weak kits to a proven and remarkable doe, in which I had to cross my fingers. I moved that dam (Cinnamon) into a small 24 X 24 like she was born in and darned if she didn't start eating and drinking like never before!! Now, out of the 3 foster kits who were all very weak only 1 survived! We watched this little fellow very closely. As his eyes opened concern sat in quickly. "Blitz" was fast to nurse he soon had caught up to his foster siblings size and continues to impress me daily.

These pictures have not been changed as I wanted everyone to see our little miracle. I believe his temporary "moon eyes" (ice blue pupils) were caused from a short period of little to no nutrition. Just a theory, but today I proceeded to take new pictures as the unbelievable truth and justification to my theory is revealed....
Unaltered

This kinda stuff... IT ONLY happens to a "True Nut" and yep, that'd be me!


2 comments:

  1. I had one do this this spring in the nest box I think its bactiera in the nest that makes them do it. Theopolis came out of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw you've got a lot going on there.

    ReplyDelete